Every Spring the SES PTSA approves a budget for the upcoming school year. The SES PTSA budget for the 2017-18 school year is approximately $100,000. You can read the full budget here. The chart below shows the membership-approved expenses for the 2017-18 school year.
The primary areas of support from the PTSA include:
- The Sustainability Program (at $36,500) is the #1 expense and includes programs at school (primarily benefiting the K-5 student population) and field study programs for the Middle School.
- The Go Fund support (at $17,500) is the second largest budget item and supports students going on overnight trips from 5th to 8th grades.
- The School Services Grant ($16,250) is funding raised through the Back to School Ask and goes towards equipment and supplies for classrooms, PE, Library, Science, Art and more.
- Music and Art support is spread across the grades, with the majority ($15,400 of a total of $18,900) going towards music and art enrichment in the K-5 grades.
- The SES PTSA also collects donations for the Foundation through the Back to School Ask (approximately $4,000), and
- The SES PTSA spends about $3,400 each year on administrative costs such as Oregon PTA and National PTA membership and contribution expenses.