SES Messenger Channel Guidelines
Updated 21 July 2019
In an effort to streamline communications from the SES PTSA to the SES community, the PTSA will, in general, share information through the following channels.
- SES weekly emails: Weekly updates from the SES office.
This email includes information about SES and PPS events, activities and sports, as well as fundraising activities that directly benefit SES. Except at the discretion of SES administrators, this email will not promote events and activities that are not organized or sponsored by SES, PPS or the SES PTSA.
- Room parent emails: Updates emailed by classroom room parents.
Content of these emails will be determined solely by the room parents. In general, these emails will include information about events and activities directly related to students in the classroom, such as upcoming field studies, snack rotations, service opportunities, etc.
- The SES PTSA website: The website you’re currently on.
The PTSA manage this page, which includes signup forms and news about upcoming SES events and activities.
- The SES PPS website: The section of the PPS website dedicated to SES.
SES staff manage this page, which includes updates from SES administrators, the SES calendar and other information about SES.
- SES PTSA Facebook page: A public page about the SES PTSA.
Like The Messenger, the SES PTSA Facebook page will include information about SES and PPS events, activities and sports, as well as fundraising activities that directly benefit SES. In addition, page administrators will occasionally repost notices about events and activities they believe to be of considerable interest to the SES community, such as after-school activities that take place in the SES building, PPS-sponsored or approved activities, etc.
- SES Facebook community: A public, moderated community for SES folks.
Community members may share items, activities and events they believe to be of interest to the wider SES community. The community is moderated.
- The Messenger: In the past, the PTSA emailed a weekly newsletter. The Messenger is no longer active; refer to the first bullet for its replacement.