The ninth annual SES Read-A-Thon kicks off on Monday, February 26, 2018. Download pledge booklets here.
The Read-A-Thon is the SES PTSA’s largest fundraiser of the year, combining Sunnyside’s passion for reading with support for the great programming sponsored by the SES PTSA.
Reading dates start Monday, February 26; reading units count until Sunday March 11. (For a unit to count, a teacher or other adult must sign off on the units; find the Read-A-Thon rules here.)
Reading units are:
- Grades K-2: 1 unit is 10 minutes of reading
- Grades 3-8: 1 unit is 20 minutes of reading
- Adults: 1 unit is 30 minutes of reading.
Prizes for reading:
- Top two unit readers (1 boy and 1 girl) in each class: Ben & Jerry’s free cone bookmark, donated by Ben & Jerry’s on Hawthorne.
- Top unit readers per grade: Graphic novel bundle
- Top classroom in each category wins $100 worth of books for the class, chosen by the teacher and students together:
- Category 1: Grades K-2
- Category 2: Grades 3-5
- Category 3: Grades 6-8
Prizes for fundraising:
- Class Prize: Top fundraising class will have a class celebration.
- Individual Prizes, first place:
- Individual prize, second place: $75 Amazon, Powell’s or other gift card of choice
- Individual price, third place: $50 Amazon, Powell’s or other gift card of choice
Reading units and pledges turned in on and before Monday, March 19 to be counted towards all prizes. Return pledges to the SES office or make your pledge donation online. Pledges turned in on or after Monday, March 19, will be accepted gladly, but will not be counted toward prizes.
Prizes will be announced the week of April 2.