PORTLAND COUNCIL PTA CLOTHING CENTER
Grant HS@ Marshall Campus
3905 SE 91st Avenue
The Clothing Center makes such an impact on a studentsâ€™ success in school! When students feel good about their appearance, they are more confident with their peers and attend school on a regular basis. The Center is a vital part of our PPS Community, but we can’t operate without our volunteers to help. Please consider volunteering on a regular basis, once or twice a month or more often. Choose the first Monday, the third Thursday of each month, or any other day we operate that suits your schedule.
- Thursdays, 1-2 hours: Moving clothing to/from Grantâ€™s loading dock. Requires some simple sorting, lifting clothing bags and pushing bags of clothing on a cart to and from the Clothing Center.
- Monday and Thursday, 4-5 hours: Welcome families at Grantâ€™s front door, sign them in, monitor the waiting area, send families upstairs for clothing and monitor their departure. Requires sitting in Grantâ€™s front hall.
- Monday and Thursday, 4-5 hours: New Clothing Distribution, work with families to provide new items (coats, shoes, jeans, socks and underwear).
- Tuesdays, 1-4 hours: Restocking Work Day, sort, hang and restock for our next open day.
- Monday and Thursday, 9:30am -1:30pm any time you have: Drop in Help, work with families or sort and restock shelves. We can always use extra help.
If youâ€™ve got some time, drop in to help on a Monday or Thursday and let the supervisor know you might be interested in helping on a regular basis. Email Sharon for more information or call 503.293.0783. Please share with others.