Our annual fundraiser, Read-A-Thon, is here! The official reading days are from February 18-March 2. SES students received all of their information packets and bookmarks on February 18.
We have lots of amazing prizes for top fundraisers and top readers, plus TONS of exciting activities planned for the students. Here is the list:
- Tuesday, February 18: Read-A-Thon kick-off
Author and illustrator of the Peter & Ernesto books, Graham Annable, will give a presentation to our students and sign books.
- Friday, February 21: Pajama Read-in Event
Wear pajamas to school and spend recess reading in the auditorium.
- Monday, March 2: FINAL READING DAY, and the wildly popular dress like a book character day.
We’ll also have ongoing events and reading prizes throughout Read-A-Thon, including: House Cup, Got Caught Reading and Locker Library.
A very important reminder: We measure reading for this event in UNITS, NOT MINUTES.
- Grades K-2: 10 minutes of reading = 1 unit
- Grades 3-8: 20 minutes of reading = 1 unit
Please feel free to contact me with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ready, set, read!