Our annual fundraiser, Read-A-Thon, is here!
The official reading days are from February 21-March 9.
SES students received all of their information packets and bookmarks on February 21.
Your child will get their own custom link to send out to friends and family.
(Need help signing up? Go here for instructions.)
Buy books to support our guest authors and SES on SchoolPay (a portion of book sales goes to us). ALL books will be signed by the authors and will be delivered to school to your student when they arrive.
We have lots of amazing prizes for top fundraisers and top readers, plus TONS of exciting activities planned for the students.
READ-A-THON – FULL Calendar:
- Feb 15 Online registration for our fundraising platform opens. Sign your kid up to help raise money for our school with our, easy to use, online fundraising platform. The first class in each grade group to get 90% or higher sign-ups will get a prize! More info on how to sign up coming soon .
- Feb 21 READ-A-THON begins. Your student will come home with a packet. The packet has a reading map to keep track of reading and OFFLINE fundraising. This packet is what they will turn in at the end to get credit for reading units. They will also get a bookmark with a reading tracker to help keep track of reading as well. Start collecting pledges. Share your online page to collect funds from friends and family far and wide!
- Feb 22 Carson Ellis visits K-5. Buy a signed copy of Carson’s picture book This Story Is Not About a Kitten which will help raise additional funds for our school.
- Feb 23 Emily Whitman visits 3-8th. Buy a signed copy of Emily’s chapter book, winner of the Oregon Spirit Book Award, The Turning which will help raise additional funds for our school. Also, this is the same day as our Dairy Hill READ-A-THON kickoff fundraiser. Celebrate reading AND eat ice cream! Dairy Hill will donate 10% of all gross sales for the ENTIRE day to SES!
- Feb 24 DRESS UP DAY – Rainbow Day! Dress in as many colors as possible. Be a rainbow!
- Mar 1 Alissa Sallah visits 6-8th. Buy a signed copy of Alissa’s graphic novel Weeaboo which will help raise additional funds for our school.
- Mar 3 DRESS UP DAY – Pajama Day read-in event. Enjoy cozy read-in time during recess.
- Mar 7 Amber J. Keyser visits 6-8th. Buy a signed copy of Amber’s chapter book The Way Back From Broken which will help raise additional funds for our school.
- Mar 9 DRESS UP DAY + FINAL READING DAY – Dress as a Book Character Day
- Mar 13 to 24 TURN IN READING MAP SIGNED BY A PARENT (and any offline donations) to the office.
- BONUS EVENT Mar 15 Debbi Michiko Florence visits K-5th.
We’ll also have ongoing events and reading prizes throughout Read-A-Thon, including: House Cup, Got Caught Reading and Locker Library.
A very important reminder: We measure reading for this event in UNITS, NOT MINUTES.
- Grades K-2: 5 minutes of reading = 1 unit
- Grades 3-8: 10 minutes of reading = 1 unit
Please feel free to contact me with questions at email@example.com.
Ready, set, read!