Share your budget priorities for schools
Superintendent Carole Smith will propose a 201516 budget for Portland Public Schools on March 31. In May, the Portland School Board will vote on the budget.
Come learn about how PPS is funded and how the money is spent. Come share your views with PPS leaders about the programs and offerings that you believe should be invested in.
Budget Workshops: Learn where PPS gets its funding and how the money is spent.
- February 23, 6â€”7:30pm, Benson High School, 546 NE 12th Avenue
- February 26, 6â€”7:30pm, Chavez Kâ€”8 School, 5103 N Willis Boulevard (in Spanish)
Town Hall Meeting with Portland School Board and Superintendent Carole Smith:
- March 4, 6pmâ€”7:30pm, Jefferson High School, 5210 N Kerby Avenue
Town Hall Meetings with Superintendent Smith:
- March 11, 6â€”7:30pm, Cleveland High School, 3400 SE 26th Avenue
- March 12, 6â€”7:30pm, Madison High School, 2735 NE 82nd Avenue
- March 16, 6â€”7:30pm, Lincoln High School, 1600 SW Salmon Street
Town Hall Meetings with Portland School Board:
- April 13 , 6â€”7:30pm, Wilson High School, 1151 SW Vermont Street
- April 21, 6â€”7:30pm, Franklin High School, 5405 SE Woodward Street
- April 27, 6â€”7:30pm, Roosevelt High School, 6941 N Central Street (in Spanish)
Child care provided. Interpretation in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Russian and Somali, except at Spanish-language meetings, where English interpretation is provided.