Last week PPS staff presented several options for a May 2017 Health, Safety, and Modernization Bond to the Board of Education to continue PPS’ long-term plan to modernize and improve the health, safety, and learning environments at every school through a series of capital construction bonds.
Click here for details of the two bond options and for background information on the modernization projects and additional health and safety needs and the results of a districtwide public opinion survey.
Our facilities’ needs are significant, and community feedback on these bond options will shape the priorities of the next round of investments.
There are several ways to engage:
- Participate in the online survey, open through February 9
- Attend a Town Hall meeting to learn more about the options, and provide input:
- February 2, 6:30 pm, Madison High School Cafeteria (2735 NE 82nd)
- February 7, 6:30 pm, Benson Polytechnic High School Band Room (546 NE 12th)
- February 8, 6:30 pm, Lincoln High School Cafeteria (1600 SW Salmon)
- February 9, 6:30 pm, Roosevelt High School Cafeteria (6941 N Central) *note at 5:30 pm there is an opportunity to tour the modernized Roosevelt H.S. which was part of the 2012 capital bond and launched the long-term plan to modernize all of PPS schools.
- Testify at the Board’s bond public hearing:
- February 6, 6 pm, BESC (501 N. Dixon)
- Email your feedback to email@example.com