Superintendent Carole Smith will present a draft proposal for changes to current enrollment balancing recommendations March 9.
She will present the possible changes to the District-wide Boundary Review Advisory Committee and seek the committee’s feedback on March 9 at 4 pmÂ at the BESC, 501 N. Dixon St. The public is invited but there will be noÂ public comment.
The following week, the Superintendent will hold two more listening sessions to hear community feedbackÂ on her proposed changes. Meeting dates are:
- Tuesday, March 15, 6:30 to 8 pm, RobertÂ Gray Middle School, 5505 SW 23rd Ave. Interpretation in Spanish and Somali.
- Wednesday, March 16, 6:30 to 8 pm, Lane Middle School, 7200 SE 60th Ave. Interpretation in Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, Somali and Russian. Childcare will be provided at both meetings.
The Superintendent will then take into consideration this additional feedbackÂ andÂ make her final recommendations to the school board the week of March 28. Her recommendations will encompass:
- West Side boundary and program changes.
- Additional details about the reconfiguration of K-8 schools into K-5s and middle schools.
- Implementation guidance and recommended timelines for proposed changes district-wide.
The board will then consider her recommendations and help frame next steps.