Portland Interscholastic League (PIL) youth sports was created for the purpose of growing community-based programs that feed into PPS high schools. PPS middle schoolers can try out for and play on their neighborhood school’s PIL sports teams.
Note that the PIL program is run by the PIL Athletic Office, but individual teams are run by high school coaches in each cluster. As such, athlete participation is restricted to the neighborhood school associated with an athlete’s home address. Read the boundary map FAQs.
The mission of the Portland Interscholastic League (PIL) is to promote participation and sportsmanship through a competitive interscholastic athletic program. Every athlete is provided with opportunities, positive recognition, and learning experiences that support and maximize the academic goals of our High School. Athletics utilizes experiences that are inherently educational to foster lifelong lessons such as teamwork and self-discipline, while facilitating the physical and emotional development of our student athletes.
Communication for each school’s team is handled by coaches and volunteers, and can vary widely. The SES PTSA does its best to gather information on this page for parents, but please note: nobody on the PTSA or in the SES office will be able to answer questions about the program. If you’ve questions, your best bet is to visit the PIL contacts and websites page and find the most appropriate contact.
Spring 2018 sports information made available to the PTSA
- Tryout information and needed forms and more forms (There are a LOT of forms to fill out.)
- Franklin youth sports site and another Franklin youth sports site. (We’re unsure which they plan to update)
- Cleveland youth sports site
- Grant youth sports site
- Cleveland youth baseball (all we have is the link to the site)
- Franklin youth baseball (no information online; all we have is in the bullet below)
- Tryouts: Thursday, April 12, 6pm at Franklin High School auxiliary gym.
- Practices: 2x per week, season runs mid-March through mid-June
- Games: Double-headers played on Saturdays at PIL High School fields
- Cost: – $150 ($60 for free/reduced lunch)
- Questions? Contact David Jaynes at email@example.com
- Cleveland youth track flier (meeting date has passed)