SES PTSA Newsletter 01-18-2023
Sunnyside PTSA Weekly Update
Wednesday, January 18, 2023
~ Find the latest Messenger newsletter from the SES office here. ~
We had a great SES PTSA meeting last Friday and heard from a few amazing students who shared their appreciation for SES:
“It’s inclusive and cares for every gender.” – Finula, 5th grade
The students also shared some things they would like to improve at our school, including having better, cleaner bathrooms, removing playground graffiti, bringing the chickens back, removing rainwater from the slides, and most importantly:
“To make sure all people have what they need.” – Norah, 5th grade
Next meeting is set for Friday, February 10 at 8:45 am in the SES Maker’s Room!
Auburn + Heather
Read-a-thon is returning to SES Feb 21 through March 9 and we need volunteers!
All of our kiddos LOVE this event! Five authors will be visiting or school and sharing the love of reading. We need loads of volunteers to help make this event a success! Jobs include but are not limited to:
- Call + email local businesses to ask for donations of reading prizes, gift cards, book bundles, etc!
- Create donations for the hallways and display case. This year’s theme is about book banning: Read, Rise, Resist
- Volunteer at SES to assist with Read-a-thon events, such as an author visit, dress-up day, etc.
- Help decorate the school with signs and decorations!
If you’d like to help out, you can fill out this leslielothamer
The SES Spring Auction is coming back, and we’d love your involvement!
It’s only January, yes, but it’s time to think about the SES Spring gala — our biggest fundraising event of the year! Your collective generosity makes this happen — by contributing time, ideas, or resources; whatever you have access to. The gala is powered by SES PTSA’s all-volunteer Spring Gala Committee on behalf of Sunnyside Environmental School Foundation (SESF). The purpose of this event is to raise funds that support FTE school staffing for next year as well as our school’s required contribution to the Fund for PPS, which promotes funding equity across the district. This year’s gala will take place in early May at a TBD date and location. Super fun theme TBA soon! We are in need of the following:
- A venue for 150 to 200 people and food/beverage
- Donations for silent auction
- Party Board hosts – many!
- Class Creative Art Projects Coordinator
- Planning Committee Members
To learn more about each need, sign up for a role, or give us your event ideas, please fill out our Spring Gala Donations Form.
Questions, ideas or submissions for future newsletters? Email Heather at tanky34 or Auburn at auburnmarie3